Law office of Peter Bronzino



Copyright 2017 The Law Office of Peter J. Bronzino, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.


Call Us For Free Consultation






Brick Family Lawyer Helps you to Modify Existing Custody and Support Agreements When Circumstances Change

In order to achieve modification of alimony and child support, the court must recognize that there are “changed circumstances” to justify it. “Changed circumstances,” as defined by Lepis v. Lepis, must be permanent, substantial and unanticipated. The party pursing the modification has the burden to prove “changed circumstances” before the other party is required to provide the court with his/her financial information. Some cases that may qualify as “changed circumstances” include:

  • An increase in the cost of living
  • An increase or decrease in the supporting spouse’s income
  • Illness, disability or infirmity arising after the original judgment
  • The dependent spouse’s loss of a house or apartment
  • The dependent spouse’s cohabitation with another
  • Subsequent employment by the dependent spouse
  • Changes in federal income tax law

It is not guaranteed that the court will recognize these cases as “changed circumstances.” For example, in the case of retirement, it will consider other factors, such as the benefits to the retiring parent, impact on the child of reduced support and the retiring parent’s motivation.

Each case has its own set of facts and the Court must weigh all of the relevant information in deciding whether there are sufficient “changed circumstances.” Therefore, you will need a qualified and experienced attorney to represent you. At the Bronzino Law Firm, we understand the complexity of modification of alimony and child support and will work diligently to protect your rights and interests.

Toms River Divorce Attorney Helps Modify Agreements When Circumstances Change

Contact a Brick, NJ Post-Divorce Modifications Attorney Today

Call (732) 812-3102 or send an email to schedule a free consultation with a Brick, NJ Family Law Lawyer.

Request a Free Legal Case Evaluation
from a Lawyer in Ocean County, NJ

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call (732) 812-3102 or complete the intake form below.


The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Read our expertly written blog or share us on social media

We provide our clients with informative and detailed articles on all of the latest news regarding New Jersey legal matters and how it affects your case in family law, divorce law, real estate, municipal court, DUI, traffic offenses, and personal injury. Coming from an in-depth understanding of the law and the industry, capitalizing on extensive experience, we provide hands-on advice that addresses all of our clients’ legal needs.

Contact us
lawyer reviews in ocean county
ocean county lawyer reviews on facebook
family lawyers reviewed on avvo
ocean county lawyer reviews on google
super lawyers in ocean county
national academy of family lawyers