Law office of Peter Bronzino



Copyright 2017 The Law Office of Peter J. Bronzino, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.


Call Us For Free Consultation





Ocean County NJ Child Relocation Attorney

There are times when the custodial parent wants to move their child or children out of the State of New Jersey. To do so, the custodial parent must either receive express consent from the non-custodial parent or an Order from a New Jersey Family Court Judge.

Child Relocation Authorization Brick NJ

To receive an Order from the Court authorizing the relocation, the custodial parent must offer a good faith reason for the move. It is important that the good faith reason does not interfere with the best interest of the children and also does not interfere with the visitation rights of the non-custodial parent. The initial burden is on the party making the child removal application. In making its analysis on whether or not a child should be relocated from the State of New Jersey, the Court will consider the following factors:

  •  the reasons given for the move;
  • the reasons given for the opposition;
  • the past history of dealings between the parties insofar as it bears on the reasons advanced by both parties for supporting and opposing the move;
  • whether the child will receive educational, health and leisure opportunities at least equal to what is available here;
  • any special needs or talents of the child that require accommodation and whether such accommodation or its equivalent is available in the new location;
  • whether a visitation and communication schedule can be developed that will allow the noncustodial parent to maintain a full and continuous relationship with the child;
  • the likelihood that the custodial parent will continue to foster the child’s relationship with the noncustodial parent if the move is allowed;
  • the effect of the move on extended family relationships here and in the new location;
  • if the child is of age, his or her preference;
  • whether the child is entering his or her senior year in high school at which point he or she should generally not be moved until graduation without his or her consent;
  • whether the noncustodial parent has the ability to relocate; and
  • any other factor bearing on the child’s interest.

Child Custody Lawyer Serving Monmouth and Ocean Counties

New Jersey child relocation applications are extremely fact sensitive. Often, a full plenary hearing is required in child removal cases. At The Law Office of Peter J. Bronzino, LLC, we can help you with your child relocation application. Likewise, we can also help you defend against a relocation application to keep your children in New Jersey.

Free Consultation | Brick, NJ Child Relocation Lawyer

Call (732) 812-3102 or send an email to schedule a free consultation with an Ocean County child relocation attorney.

Request a Free Legal Case Evaluation
from a Lawyer in Ocean County, NJ

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call (732) 812-3102 or complete the intake form below.


The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Read our expertly written blog or share us on social media

We provide our clients with informative and detailed articles on all of the latest news regarding New Jersey legal matters and how it affects your case in family law, divorce law, real estate, municipal court, DUI, traffic offenses, and personal injury. Coming from an in-depth understanding of the law and the industry, capitalizing on extensive experience, we provide hands-on advice that addresses all of our clients’ legal needs.

Contact us
  • When a Child Does Not Want to Go

    If your child is scheduled to spend time with his or her other parent but the child expresses that he or she does not want to do so, the following tips may help ...

  • International Travel with a Child after Divorce

    If one parent feels like the other parent is garnering favor with the child by taking them on better vacations, he or she may refuse to consent to the trip. ...

  • Children and Life After Divorce

    When parents divorce, they are often concerned about how to support the well-being of their children, both during and after the divorce. It is true that your family life will... ...

lawyer reviews in ocean county
ocean county lawyer reviews on facebook
family lawyers reviewed on avvo
ocean county lawyer reviews on google
super lawyers in ocean county
national academy of family lawyers